St. Mary of the Seven Dolors was founded in 1859 by an Irish farm community and is the oldest Catholic parish in Appleton. We have grown from our Irish heritage to become a faith community of diverse backgrounds characterized by a history of sacrifice, generosity, hospitality and involvement in Church community. We recommit ourselves to these values as we participate in the mission of Jesus Christ.
We make Eucharist the primary celebration of our unity in Christ and with one another through the planning, participating and sharing of many in liturgical ministries. This bond of unity is strengthened in the building of community through social gatherings, religious activities and mission outreach.
We are committed to nourishing the spiritual needs of our people through the meaningful preparation and reception of the sacraments, Scripture study, and a variety of prayer expressions. We support Catholic education through our schools, religious education, and adult formation.
We challenge one another to generously share our time, talent and treasure. We strive not only to be good stewards of the finances, buildings, and property under our care, but we likewise hear Christ’s call to respond with our gifts in the spirit of the Last Judgment scene in Matthew’s Gospel (Chapter 25: 31-40) both locally and in our world.
In the Spirit of Christ, we strengthen the faith, hope and love of each other as well as those who already know Christ within the universal Church and those who are searching for God within their lives.
Adopted August 3, 1993 by the Pastoral Council