Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time
JB 7:1-4, 6-7 1COR 9:16-19, 22-23 MK 1:29-39
Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed.
The Gospel’s Photo Album
- Photo #1 Peter’s Mother-in-Law – Jesus’ healing touch
- Photo #2 Sunset Peter’s house in Capernaum – Many broken hurting people cured
- Photo #3 Jesus in prayer
Jesus’ Healing Power Today
- Jesus is still curing some people of serious issues of body and mind
- Not all are cured but all are healed
- Jesus is the Master of inner healing
A Poem by John Updike – Fever
- “Inner healing is an awakening to deeper things.”
- “Jesus makes these inner healings happen.”
- “They are more beautiful and long lasting than a physical cure.”
Jesus on his Knees – Recharging
- Deepening his love for His Father
- Discerning with His Father the next steps of ministry
- If Jesus needs daily communication with His Father so do we
Questions for Reflection
- What impacted you from today’s Readings and/or homily?
- Do you know of anyone who has been healed body, mind, spirit? Have you?
- Do you know anyone who has only been healed in spirit? What might that look like?
- How does daily prayer drive life?
- Consider how you might recharge each day and ask how you might continue in your ministry of discipleship .