Holy Trinity Sunday 7, 2020
EX 34:4B-6, 8-9 | 2COR 13:11-13 | JN 3:16-18
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.
The Grace of Jesus, the Love of God, the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit
- The Trinity-One Nature-Three Persons
- The threefold model-the mystery-difficult to understand
Examples-The Threefold Model
- The universe-matter, space, time
- Without one, the universe would not exist
- Matter = mass+energy+motion
- Space = length+height+breadth
- Time = past+present+future
- Theological virtues-Faith, Hope, Charity
The Trinity and Fire
- Produces heat- source power and strength like the Father
- Produces light – lights the way like the Son
- Produces flame – freely dances and moves like Spirit
Elements of Fire – Like Trinity – Work Together
- Difficult understanding 1+1+1 does not equal 3
- Nicene Creed – God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God
Sign of the Cross – Trinitarian Formula
- Baptisms, bless marriages, bless people, begin prayer
- Reminder of God’s great love-sending son into humanity
Trinity is a Mystery of Love Freely Given to us Each Day
- What do we do with this special gift?
- Calling upon the Trinity in our decision making
- Asking for help in sharing the Good News
Secular World Does Not Always Acknowledge God
- No In God We Trust on our Credit Cards
Maybe If… We Relied on the Trinity
- There would be less violence, racism, hatred, prejudice
- There would be more love, care and compassion
- We would engage more in the Gospel and Catholic Social Teaching
- There would be more dignity and respect for all
Questions for Reflection
- What impacted you from today’s Gospel and/or homily?
- How would you describe the Trinity?
- Do you pray to one member more than the others? Why?
- Have you ever called upon the power of the Trinity during prayer? What was that like?
- How do you think praying to the Trinity could impact our current circumstances in our world? Do you believe?
- Take a moment and write a brief prayer to the Trinity asking for help in one area of our
world. Pray it every day in the days to come.