Third Sunday of Easter-Sunday April 26, 2020
ACTS 2:14, 22-33 | 1PT 1:17-21 | LK 24:13-35
Scripture: “Were our hearts not burning within us while he opened the Scriptures to us?”…Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.
My Photo Shop Experience
We are an Easter people! Rise Up! Be Amazed!
On the Road
- Cleopas and his companion on their way home
- Felt loss , devastation and hopelessness
- We would have wanted to remove any memory of the horrible event
On Our Road
- Parallel-The Journey to Emmaus – Our Pandemic Journey
- Our uncertainty about what lies ahead
- Isolation, loneliness, devastation
This Moment’s Questions
- What will happen?
- Will I be able to provide for my family?
- Will I have a job when this is over?
What’s the Difference?
- They did not recognize Jesus
- We recognized him walking with us the past six weeks
- He’s there in the rough terrain of this pandemic
- Can you see him? If not, what is stopping you?
- We are EASTER PEOPLE!
People of Hope through the Scriptures
- Like Cleopas, we find our hope in the inspired Word of God
- As we shelter, let us find hope and come to know Jesus more deeply
“The greatest gift God has given to human beings is the Bible.” Abraham Lincoln
“The beauty of the Bible grows as we grow in understanding of it.” Goethe
The Breaking of the Bread
We are an Easter people!
- We are enriched through the Mass and the Eucharist
- We are separated physically
- Through technology, we have a Spiritual Communion
When We Return
- Hopefully WE will recognize Jesus more fully in the breaking of the bread
- Our hunger for Jesus will be profound
- All of us will experience a true love for Jesus through the Mass
We are an Easter People!
- We will not let the pandemic break our spirits
- We will be creative in the supporting one another
- We will acknowledge and celebrate God’s love for us
- We will RISE UP AND BE AMAZED!
Questions for Reflection
- What impacted you from today’s Gospel and/or homily?
- In what ways can you relate to feeling the Cleopas and his companion?
- How are those around you responding to the pandemic?
- As an Easter person, what positive message would you share with someone who is struggling?
- Has sheltering changed the way you have looked at the Mass? If so, how?
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 as an Easter Person. Discover how you might increase your faith during this time.
- Read the daily Scriptures this week. Consider what God might be saying to you.
- Tune is for daily Mass this week. Pray the prayer for Spiritual Communion.