Advent Homily Series: Entrusted 1 of 4
First Sunday of Advent, December 1, 2019.
IS 2:1-5 | ROM 13:11-14 | MT 24:37-44
- How often have I had good intentions to respond to what Jesus is asking of me (go to get the glass of water) and I am caught in the good and the challenging dramas of my life?
- How have I compartmentalized Jesus (just Church on Sunday)? How do I live my life connected to Him? Am I able to feel Jesus’ presence and hear his voice in all circumstances?
- What habit could I start this Advent that would be a reminder of God/Jesus’ presence in my daily life?
- In my mind and heart, what does Jesus’ Kingdom look like?
- For me, what does being connected to Jesus have to do with being entrusted to bring about His Kingdom in my generation?
Join The Conversation
You’re invited to discuss this message with a small group on Wednesday at 7pm at Lou’s Brew Cafe (233 E College Ave, Appleton, WI 54911). No need to RSVP or make it each week, just show up and look for discussion facilitators wearing St. Mary blue shirts. See you there!
Simply ways to keep the message alive during the week:
- Find an app that helps you remember to pray
- Set a reminder on your phone for some quiet reflection
- Put a background on your phone, tablet, or computer that inspires you to think about what “entrusted” means to you
- Keep a small cross in your wallet by your debit card or in your pocket
- Program a Christian radio station in your car radio
- Put the week’s “Entrusted” scripture focus verse in a visible place and try to memorize
- Listen to an episode of one of the many thought-provoking Christian podcasts available
- Kingdom of God: A way of living together in peace, joy and forgiveness
- Entrusted: To be given responsibility for custody of i.e. we have been entrusted to bring Jesus to our world in our generation
- Giving Birth to Jesus Today: Bringing the love, hope, compassion of Jesus into our everyday world
- Scripture Focus: In those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day that Noah entered the ark. MT 24:38
- Action/Life Change: To commit to finding new ways to live attentive and connected to Jesus in everyday life
Catch The Next Message on Saturday, December 7 at 4:30pm or Sunday, December 8 at 8am or 9:45am.
There’s Room In Our Inn For You At Our Christmas Mass Too:
December 24th at 4 pm, 6:30 pm & 10 pm
December 25th at 8:30 am